- Recently, I have delved into the world of homemade natural cleaners & am looking forward to exploring these further.
- I love cooking & baking, I create a new menu every week with the children’s help. They also help me with the preparing and cooking/baking of food. I enjoy browsing cooking websites and cookbooks looking for new and interesting recipes!
- I enjoy music and dance. I have numerous years of dance training (10 years Tap, 9 years Jazz & Highland, 4 years Irish, 3 years Bellydance, 2 years Jigging).
- I have a great Parrot Fish (Rita). Rita is 4 years old, and the chidren absolutely love her! They are constantly wanting to feed her and to give her “kisses”. Giving kisses means that they put their noses to the fish tank, and Rita swims over and bumps the tank with their nose is with her nose.
- I grew up on the farm, and will always be a farm girl at heart! Many hours have been spent in the combine, I can remember falling asleep using a box of bolts as a pillow while Dad drove the combine. 🙂 Good times!!!
- I have my Early Childhood Education II Diploma from Assiniboine Community College. I am a member of the Manitoba Child Care Association, Canadian Child Care Federations and Manitoba Child Care Association’s Family Child Care Committee. I also continue my professional development by taking workshops & attending conference every year through the Manitoba Child Care Association (MCCA).
- I also love anything crafty! I do a lot of scrapbooking, but also love painting, cross-stitch, and one of these days I’m going to get the hang of crocheting!!!