Honey takes swelling out of wasp sting

Tonight, while mowing my Grandparent’s grass, I got stung twice by a wasp. The first sting was on my wrist, the second on my cheek.

Of course, being me, I immediately started going in to shock! It felt like I had walked into a freezer, and I started shaking. Once I got into the house, Grandma told me that I should put some honey on the stings to help with the swelling. We immediately put some honey on band-aids and put them on the stings. I didn’t get any before pics, as I was kinda trying to ward off shock! 🙂 The spot of both stings had a welt the size of my thumb nail. However, 3 hours later, I took the band-aids off, and I discovered other than a VERY tiny pin prick red mark, there was NO other swelling or welting!

So, if you get stung by a bee, wasp, or hornet try putting honey on it! 🙂

EDIT: There was no swelling, however, in the days that followed my wrist was fairly itchy.

Advertisements
Categories: First Aid | Tags: | Leave a comment

Post navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: